A detached house built in 1928 at 16 Nassim Road, was bought by the Government of Japan to be used to house the Chancery of the Embassy.
About Us : History of Embassy Premises
January 1, 2016
History of Embassy Premises
The construction of a major extension to the Chancery was completed.
The Embassy moved to the 34th and 35th floors of IBM Towers temporarily to make way for the reconstruction of a new building.
Work began on the reconstruction of the new Embassy building.
Completion of the new building
The Embassy moved back to its original site.