- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan has launched the 16th Japan International MANGA Award and begin to accept entries for it.
- Entries will be accepted as follows:
- Application period: From 15th April 2022 to 15th July 2022 (Deadline extended) (entries must arrive by this date)
- The application should be sent via postage mail to:
Japan Creative Centre (JCC)
Embassy of Japan in Singapore
4 Nassim Road
- For online submission, please email to:
Please keep your attachment file below 10MB. You may provide us a download link if it exceeds 10MB. For file format and requirements, kindly refer to the application guidelines.
- Guidelines for: Application | Submission
- Entry Form
* More details are available on the official website of The Japan International MANGA Award.
The Japan International MANGA Award was established in May 2007 upon the initiative of then Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Taro Aso, with the aim of awarding MANGA creators who contribute to the spread of MANGA culture overseas and international cultural exchanges through MANGA. The Award has been presented every year since then.
Among entries, the gold Award will be given to the best work and the Silver Awards to three other excellent works. The awardees will be invited to Japan by the Japan Foundation to attend the award ceremony*.
*Depending on the COVID-19 situation, the MANGA Award Executive Committee will decide whether they will hold the Award Ceremony as well as whether the winners will be invited to Japan.