Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan
Number of Confirmed Influenza A Cases in Japan (regularly updated) :
- Passengers arriving from the United States of America (mainland only), Canada and Mexico will undergo an on-board quarantine check upon arrival ONLY when a passenger with influenza-like symptoms has been reported in flight.
- Close contacts (passengers seated nearby) of a confirmed patient will be monitored at a designated healthcare facility. No detainment measures will be taken.
- Flights from affected countries and regions
- If a passenger with influenza-like symptoms has been reported in flight,
① an on-board quarantine check will be conducted in order to detect other passengers with influenza-like symptoms and to identify their close contacts (as above). All other passengers will disembark and proceed to a quarantine station to undergo a thermography test as well as to fill in a questionnaire.
② close contacts (as above) will remain seated until checked by a quarantine officer with a questionnaire. Close contacts (as above) will be monitored after entry.
③ Passengers with influenza-like symptoms will be isolated at a designated medical facility if tested positive.
- If no passengers with influenza-like symptoms are reported in flight,
① quarantine officers will board the aircraft and request all the passengers to complete a questionnaire.
② if no influenza-like symptoms are reported, the passengers will disembark and proceed to a quarantine station to undergo a thermography test and hand in the completed questionnaire.
- Flights from unaffected countries and regions
Passengers will disembark, proceed to a quarantine station to undergo a thermography test and hand in the completed questionnaire.
※ Health Monitoring: a local healthcare facility near your hotel or residence will monitor your health for a designated period after your entry into Japan.