The Executive Committee of the 50th Anniversary of Singapore-Japan Diplomatic Relations invites applications from organisers whose projects celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Singapore-Japan Diplomatic Relations (SJ50) for the entitlement to use the title “The 50th Anniversary of Singapore-Japan Diplomatic Relations (SJ50)” with the official logo mark on the PR materials of their projects. The details of the approval criteria and the application process are as follows.
Important Notice Regarding SJ50 Project Application
Thank you very much for your enthusiastic support!
We have reached a grand total of two hundred SJ50 Projects, celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations between Singapore and Japan.
As the celebratory year is coming to an end, we would like to inform that the application deadline will now be Wednesday, 30th November 2016.
Please be reminded to submit your application before the deadline.
The project field is broad, such as political science, economics, social, education, sports, science, culture and arts, academic and tourism.
The eligible organisations are not limited to the governmental bodies but targeted to various institutions such as government, local autonomy, private company, cultural organisation, research institute, university and NGO.
The project should be held in Singapore within the period from 1st January to 31st December 2016.
If the location of the event is expected in Japan, please contact the administration office in Japan: Second Southeast Asia Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan. (Section 7. Contact & Enquiries).
Please refer to the following homepage for more details: http://www.mofa.go.jp/mofaj/s_sa/sea2/sg/page3_001496.html
- The activities of the project for the 50th Anniversary of Singapore-Japan Diplomatic Relations (hereafter “Anniversary Project”) are considered to contribute to the promotion of exchange between Japan and Singapore, encouraging mutual understanding and strengthening friendly relations.
- Even if the project is profitable business such as Japan Fair which sells the product, the project activities planned for ‘Anniversary Project’ satisfying the above section (1) could be the target of the scope. Those activities which are considered as normal business or the events which are not open to the public are out of the target.
- Even though the project name includes the private company name, those social contributing activities and research projects which satisfy the above (1) could be the target of the scope. However in case that the same activities are carried out regularly, the organizers are requested to include the additional elements which are relevant to ‘Anniversary Project’ as much as possible.
- The projects which could have a positive influence to the younger and next generation as stated in (1), and also which could strengthen the ties not only Singapore-Japan but also ASEAN-Japan are highly welcomed for ‘Anniversary Project’.
- The project should refrain from promoting specific ideology on religion, and it should not infringe the public order or decent customs.
- The execution of the project including expense should be responsible entirely by the organizers.
- The organiser of the project should observe the laws and regulations of the location without infringing the right of other parties (Including copyright issues).
- The project should have a clear purpose and detail with high feasibility of execution. The organisers must not have been involved in infringing the relationship between Singapore and Japan in the past.
- The approved projects are allowed to state ‘50th Anniversary of Singapore-Japan Diplomatic Relations (SJ50) and apply logo mark on PR media (posters, brochures, websites) as a privilege.
- Approved projects may be displayed on the websites of the Embassy of Japan in Singapore and the Embassy of Singapore in Japan.
- The organisers who wish to apply for the “Anniversary Project” will need to submit the documents strictly one month prior to the commencement date of the project to the “The Secretariat of Executive Committee of the 50th Anniversary of Singapore-Japan Diplomatic Relations”, Japan Creative Centre (JCC) the Embassy of Japan in Singapore by post or e-mail.
After receiving the application documents, “Executive Committee of the 50th Anniversary of Singapore-Japan Diplomatic Relations” will evaluate the project with the approval criteria stated above from (1) to (4).
- Letter of request (Word )
- Project Application Form (Word )
- Project Summary
- Letter of Undertaking (Word )
(Full completion with official signature)
- Organisation Profile
Regulations, Rules, Articles of Incorporation, Act of Donation, List of Directors, Organisation History, Operation Tracks etc. (The organisers who are ministry, consulate, local government, public foundation under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are requested to contact us in advance for the minimum requirement of documents)
- Financial Planning Statement (Excel )
Executive Committee of the 50th Anniversary of Singapore-Japan Diplomatic Relations” will notify the outcome of the evaluation in writing. The electronic data of “SJ50” logo mark will be directly sent to the applicant.
(Note) The project with public grant which is sponsored or supported by The Japan Foundation or Agency for Cultural Affairs are entitled to use “The 50th Anniversary of Singapore-Japan Diplomatic Relations (SJ50)” with the official logo mark on their PR materials by simply submitting the “Project Summary”.
In principle, please approach the contact in the country of your residence.
Contact in Singapore:
Secretariat of Executive Committee of the 50th Anniversary of Singapore-Japan Diplomatic Relations
Japan Creative Centre (JCC)
Embassy of Japan in Singapore
Address:4 Nassim Road, Republic of Singapore 258372
Contact in Japan:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
Second Southeast Asia Division
Address:2-1, 2-chome Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8919, Japan
- Please make the copy of submitted documents in advance as the application document will not be returned.
- Enquiries on the actual evaluation will not be entertained.
- Please inform us immediately in writing if there is any change or cancellation on the approved project.
- The approval shall be withdrawn if the approved project has been cancelled or the activities are judged to be inappropriate from approval criteria.
- The organisers are fully responsible for the execution of the project even after the approval of the project as the “Anniversary Project”. The approval itself does not mean that the Ministry of the Foreign Affairs and the Embassy of Japan in Singapore will assume any responsibility or duty including the financial aspect.
- The use of the SJ50 logo is meant to identify with the SJ50 celebrations, and does not imply official endorsement of any event, product or service.
- It is strictly prohibited to use the “SJ50” logo for other project or for other organiser besides the one applied.
- Within three month after the project completion, the report which summarises the activities of the project and the outcome with statement of account must be submitted to “Secretariat of Executive Committee of the 50th Anniversary of Singapore-Japan Diplomatic Relations” (Japan Creative Centre (JCC), The Embassy of Japan in Singapore). Please take note that the contents of the report may be shown on the homepage of the Ministry of the Foreign Affairs or the Embassy of Japan in Singapore.